http://racerealty.com/

Fire strikes twice at Nikiski home

Posted: Sunday, November 02, 2008

NIKISKI - Fire struck twice last week at a home in Nikiski.

The first fire broke out Wednesday afternoon and the second was on Thursday morning.

The home suffered an estimated $10,000 worth of damage.

The structure is composed of three mobile homes. All of them share the same secondary roof.

Greg Hyatt, battalion chief for the Nikiski Fire Department, says improper chimney installation caused the first fire. The insulation was resting against the chimney flute.

Hyatt says air space is needed between the chimney and the insulation so heat coming off the chimney can dissipate.

The second fire was caused by an electrical problem.



CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-523-2295
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-3028
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2270
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING