• In 1893, an official survey of the town site of Juneau was commenced by C.W. Garside.
• In 1912, the Alaska Daily Empire was established by J.F.A. Strong (who became governor of the territory in 1913). It later became the Southeast Alaska Empire, and currently, the Juneau Empire.
• In 1920, residents of Anchorage voted 328-130 to incorporate as a first-class city.
• In 1976, the voters of Alaska authorized the formation of the Alaska Permanent Fund.
• In 1982, Bill Sheffield was elected as the state of Alaska's sixth governor.
In the nation
• In 1783, Gen. George Washington issued his Farewell Orders to the Armies of the United States near Princeton, N.J.
• In 1865, the 29th president of the United States, Warren Gamaliel Harding, was born near Corsica, Ohio.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us