Propane heater explosion injures 2

Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010

FAIRBANKS - Two people in North Pole were injured when their propane heater system exploded.

The pair, who were not identified by North Pole Fire Chief Buddy Lane, were in a bedroom of a detached garage last week when the system exploded.

The Daily News-Miner reports the heater in the garage was attached to the wall of a bedroom and connected by a hose to a propane tank outside.

They were flown to the Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.

The garage was damaged extensively. Lane estimates the damage at about $25,000.



CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-586-3740
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-3028
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2230
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING