Anchorage apartment fire displaces 25

Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2009

ANCHORAGE - Twenty-five people were displaced by a fire at an apartment building in the Mountain View area of Anchorage.

Six units were damaged in Sunday's fire that started in a bathroom exhaust fan. The Anchorage Daily News reports flames traveled up three stories through an air duct.

The fire department estimates damage at $30,000.

Red Cross volunteers set up an emergency shelter at the Fairview recreational center for the displaced families.



CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-586-3740
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-3028
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2230
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING