Alaska man dies from propane explosion injuries

Posted: Thursday, November 18, 2010

FAIRBANKS - An Alaska man injured in a propane explosion earlier this month has died of his injuries at a Seattle hospital.

The Fairbanks Daily News-Miner also reported that a woman injured in the same explosion in North Pole on Nov. 1 was released from Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.

North Pole Fire Chief Buddy Lane said he could not release the man's name because of federal privacy laws. The man died Monday.

The propane heater was attached to the wall of a detached bedroom garage.

Lane said the heating system has been sent away for testing. More details about the cause of the explosion were expected soon.



CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-586-3740
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-3028
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2230
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING