Peters Creek fire cause undetermined

Posted: Thursday, November 20, 2008

ANCHORAGE - State fire officials said the official cause of a fatal fire Nov. 9 in Peters Creek will remain undetermined, but improperly extinguished smoking materials are suspected.

The blaze killed 62-year-old Leroy "Lee" Levshakoff, after it broke out in his apartment.

Fire officials said toxicology reports found high levels of carbon monoxide and alcohol in Levshakoff's system, which might have impeded his ability to escape.

About a dozen other people were displaced when the Songbird Drive building burned down.

Officials said the fire destroyed the contents of Levshakoff's room and evidence that might have helped determine the cause.

Trending this week:


© 2018. All Rights Reserved.  | Contact Us