Child playing with lighter likely caused fire

Posted: Friday, November 26, 2010

FAIRBANKS - A child playing with a lighter, or perhaps a candle, likely caused an apartment fire in Fairbanks earlier this week.

Fairbanks Fire Department officials say the Fairview Manor fire displaced five families.

Residents of three buildings were evacuated Monday night after the fire broke out.

Fire officials say the sprinkler system in the apartment building kept the fire from spreading to the hallway and gave people time to escape.

Four residents and two firefighters were taken to the hospital and treated for smoke inhalation.



Page not found | Juneau Empire - Alaska's Capital City Online Newspaper

Page not found

We're sorry, but the page you were seeking does not exist. It may have been moved or expired.  Perhaps our search engine can help. 

 

CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-586-3740
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2230
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING

X