Monster truck show to return to Tacoma

Posted: Friday, November 27, 2009

TACOMA, Wash. - Nearly a year after a 6-year-old boy watching in the stands was killed by flying debris, the monster truck rally where it happened is coming back to Tacoma.

KING TV reports the city of Tacoma has rented the Tacoma Dome to Monster Jam in January, the same weekend the boy was killed last year - and made no special safety requests.

In 2008, Sebastian Hizey died after being hit in the head by a piece of metal that flew off a truck. An Edgewood man also was injured by flying debris.

The boy's stepmother, Phyllis Hizey, says she has lobbied for more safety at the shows, including installing netting, but that she's been told netting wouldn't provide much protection.



Related Searches

 TACOMA DOME   PHYLLIS HIZEY   TACOMA   KING   WASHINGTON   SEBASTIAN HIZEY   DISASTER_ACCIDENT   METAL 



Trending this week:


 
 

Juneau Empire © 2015. All Rights Reserved.  Terms of Service | Privacy Policy / About Our Ads