• 17th Annual Holiday Cup — The Holiday Cup Competitive Indoor Soccer Tournament will be held Dec. 19-31, with six coed divisions: Elementary grades 4-5 (minimum age 9); middle school grades 6-8; junior high grades 9 through age 16; Senior Division ages 17-20; Masters Division ages 21-39; Classic Division ages 40 and over.
Coaches and managers interested in sponsoring a team must submit a roster by 5 p.m. on Dec. 4, dropped off at the Law Offices of Dillon & Findley at 350 N. Franklin St.
Team entries only. Electronic registration packets available. All tournament details are included in the packet. Contact Michelle at 586-4000, or e-mail email@example.com.
The event is sponsored by the Law Offices of Dillon & Findley, and is free of charge.
• Interested in earning a day pass or lesson up at Eaglecrest? The ORCA Ski/Snowboard program is looking for ski and snowboard volunteers this winter. We are up at Eaglecrest every weekend, January through March, and provide adaptive ski/snowboard lessons to individuals who experience disabilities. Benefits include lessons and training regarding adaptive gear for skiing/snowboarding, a day pass or lesson earned for each day volunteered, and the opportunity to meet new people. A volunteer kickoff event will be held November 19th, 5:30pm at the Downtown Bullwinkles. Call 586-0104, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
• Parks and Recreation Basketball Registration Now Open through Dec. 1. There are leagues and activities for ages 3-18. Volunteer coaches and paid referees still needed. If you’re worried about schedule conflicts and coaching, we will work with you. No experience needed for refereeing, basketball knowledge a plus but not mandatory. We will train you. For detailed information and registration forms, visit www.juneau.org/parkrec/youth/y-bball.php. Stop in our offices at 155 S. Seward St., or give us a call at 586-5226 and ask for John Crawford.
• Hooptime Basketball registration is ongoing for players in grades 4-8. The season begins Jan. 4, and registration is on a first-come-first-served basis. The deadline is Dec. 12, and late registrations will not be accepted this year. Forms can be found at www.hoop-time.org. Mail the forms to P.O. Box 33606, Juneau, AK 99803. Registration also will be held on Nov. 7 and 21 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Nugget Mall. Call Shelly Saviers at 790-2566 for more information.
• Women’s Classic Basketball League — Registration still being accepted for women who enjoy basketball and want to play for fun on an organized team, but with women who are a “little” older, or new to the game, or have less time due to kids, jobs or other commitments. Aggressive play is strongly discouraged in the classic league. For more information or to receive a registration form, contact Juneau Parks and Recreation at 586-5226, or visit the Parks and recreation web site at www.juneau.org/parkrec/adult/classic.php.
• TMHS Cheerleader Babysitting Club — The Thunder Mountain cheerleaders are offering a babysitting service throughout the school year. Red Cross/CPR-trained cheerleaders will work for you in pairs for your babysitting needs. Please call coach Julie Wyatt at 957-0380 for details and to schedule your babysitters.
• Mt. Jumbo Gym Preschool Open Gym — Preschool open gym runs through April, from 10:30 a.m. to noon, Monday through Friday, in Douglas. Youths ages 1-6 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at a maximum ratio of 4:1. Play equipment, tumbling mats, tricycles, scooters and more are available. Please bring clean, dry shoes and a snack. There is a $1 fee per child, though adults are free with a paid child. Punch cards are available for purchase at the gym. Please keep sick children away from the gym. Contact Juneau Parks and Recreation at 586-5226 for more information.
• Sports in Juneau is a service provided by the Juneau Empire to provide information on upcoming sports and outdoors events in Juneau. All press releases must include a contact name and a phone number that can be released to the public. To submit an item to Sports in Juneau, please fax the info to 586-9097, or e-mail it to email@example.com. Put the words “Sports in Juneau” in the subject line.