• Holiday Cup - The 16th annual Holiday Cup competitive indoor soccer tournament will be held Dec. 20-31. There are five coed divisions: Elementary Division (grades 4-5, minimum age 9), Middle School Division, Junior High School Division (ages 16 and under), Senior Division (players age 17-20), and Masters Division (age 21 and older). Coaches and managers interested in sponsoring a team must submit a roster by 5 p.m. Dec. 1 at the Law Offices of Dillon & Findley, 350 N. Franklin St. Team entries only. Electronic registration packets are available. All tournament details are included in the packet. Contact Michelle at Dillon & Findley at 586-4000 or email@example.com. This cost-free event is sponsored by Law Offices of Dillon & Findley.
• Adult soccer - The Capital City Soccer League is offering adult soccer at the Dimond Park Fieldhouse. Classic Women League for beginning players is from 6-7:30 p.m. Friday nights. Cost is $35. Games played October-December. Masters Co-ed League for men over 30 and skilled women players is 7:30-9 p.m. Friday nights. Cost is $35. Games played October-December. Open Adult Soccer is 9-11 p.m. Tuesday nights. Cost is $4. Games played October-December. For registration forms and more information, visit www.juneausoccer.com or call 523-9196 (voice mail only).
• Court rentals - Community Schools has court rentals available from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturdays at Dzantik'i Heeni Middle School. Cost is $30 per hour, per court. To reserve time, call 780-2075.
• HoopTime basketball registration - HoopTime Basketball is taking registration for players in grades 4-8. The 2009 HoopTime season begins Jan. 5. Registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration deadline is Nov. 30. Late registration ends Dec. 6. Forms can be found at /www.hoop-time.org/. Mail the forms to P.O. Box 33606, Juneau, AK 99803. Registration also will be held 1-4 p.m. Nov. 15 and Nov. 29 at the Nugget Mall. Info: Shelly Saviers, 790-2566.
• Juneau Skating Club - The Juneau Skating Club's first session of the year began Sept. 19. Classes meet once a week for six weeks. Group lessons meet either Friday nights 6:30-7:30 p.m. or Saturday mornings 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m. Hockey skills classes start Sept. 21 at 10:30 a.m. Registration forms and other information are available at www.juneauskatingclub.org or at the rink. Questions can be directed to JSC coaches at firstname.lastname@example.org or 523-9115.
The club also will start its second session of Learn to Ice Skate on Nov. 7. Classes meet one time per week for six weeks. Group lessons meet either 6:30-7:30 p.m. on Friday nights or 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m. on Saturday mornings. Hockey skills classes start Nov. 9 at 10:30 a.m. Registration forms and other information are available at www.juneauskatingclub.org or at the rink. Questions can be directed to JSC Coaches at email@example.com or 523-9115.
• Mount Jumbo Gym pre-school open gym - Children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult, at a maximum ratio of four children to one adult. Play equipment and tumbling mats available. This program is open to parents or caregivers of youth age 1-6, Monday-Friday, 10:30 a.m.-noon. Bring clean dry shoes and a snack. Closed on all city holidays. Info: Myiia Whistler, 586-5226 or Myiia_Whistler@ci.juneau.ak.us.
• Parks & Recreation youth basketball - Registration for youth basketball starts from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 8 at the Nugget Mall and will continue at the Parks & Rec office, Zach Gordon Youth Center or online through Nov. 24. Late registration will continue through Dec. 5 with a $10 late fee. Volunteer coaches and paid referees are also needed for the season. Info: www.juneau.org/parkrec/youth/y-bball.php or call 586-5226.
• Ultimate Frisbee Players of Southeast Alaska - The Ultimate Frisbee Players of Southeast Alaska will hold league play will take place 7-9 p.m. Wednesdays and Sundays at Adair-Kennedy Memorial Field. The league is open to players off all ages and ability levels. Info: David Job, 586-3845 or Andy White, 957-2985, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Dzantik'i Heeni Middle School court rentals - Community Schools has court rental times available, starting at 9 a.m., on Saturdays at Dzantik'i Heeni Middle School. Cost is $20 per hour, per court, which must be paid at the time of rental. Info: 780-2075.
• Basketball and volleyball open gyms - Community Schools is sponsoring open gyms a Thunder Mountain High School for basketball and volleyball Sundays, Mondays and Wednesdays through October. Time is 6:30-8:30 p.m. and cost is $3 per person, per session. Participants are asked to bring their own basketball or volleyball. For more information, call 780-2075.
• Evening masters swimming program - The Augustus Brown pool hosts a twice-weekly evening masters swimming program. The program will meet from 6:30-7:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and is designed to promote and improve the physical and mental well-being of adults age 19 and older. Participants must be able to swim crawl stroke and backstroke. Info: Augustus Brown swim pool, 586-5325.
• Juneau Department of Parks and Recreation Wednesday and Saturday hikes - For updates on locations of Wednesday and Saturday group hikes, call the Juneau Parks and Rec Hikes Hotline. Bring plenty of food and water, and wear warm layers of clothing and proper footwear for the hike. No dogs or firearms allowed. Wednesday hikes are limited to hikers 18 years of age or older. Saturday hikes are open to families, and children must be accompanied by an adult. Info: Hotline, 586-0428.
• Mount Jumbo Gym rentals - Parks and Recreation is accepting reservations for rentals of the Mount Jumbo Gym. The gym is open for rental from until Dec. 30. Rentals can be made noon-1 p.m. and 6-10 p.m. Mondays-Fridays, 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Saturdays and noon-10 p.m. Sundays. Cost is $30 per hour. Terry Miller gym also is available for rent. Info: 586-5226.
• Zach Gordon Youth Center climbing wall - Climbing wall hours are 5-7 p.m. on Mondays, and 3:30-7 p.m. on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. The climbing wall can be used by people of all ages. Climbers age 20-younger climb free, while adults 21-older pay $5 to use the wall. Youth-adult interaction is encouraged, so an adult climbing with a youth pays no fee. Private rental times are available for $25 per hour. Info and scheduling: Zach Gordon Youth Center, 586-2635.
Sports in Juneau is a service provided by the Juneau Empire to provide information on upcoming sports and outdoors events in Juneau. It runs when space is available and event notices should arrive at least one week before they are scheduled to take place. All press releases must include a contact name and a phone number that can be released to the public. To submit an item to Sports in Juneau, please fax the info to 1-907-586-3028 or e-mail it to email@example.com. Put the words "Sports in Juneau" in the subject line.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us