• Sports In Juneau information must be submitted online at http://calendar.juneauempire.com. Submissions via e-mail, phone, fax or other will no longer be accepted. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
• Wednesday Women’s Climbing Class, 6:30-8 p.m., The Rock Dump. Come learn the basics of rock climbing or refine your climbing techniques and training. No experience necessary. Wednesday nights from 7:30-9. For details, please call 586-4982.$5 for Rock Dump members; $15 for non-members. Details: 586-4982.
• The ORCA Adaptive Ski and Snowboard Program is looking for volunteers again this winter. The ORCA Program provides adaptive ski and snowboard lessons to individuals with disabilities, and it needs your help assisting and instructing clients on the mountain. Come to volunteer kick-off event Dec.16th at 6 p.m. at The Rookery, and find how you can have fun and earn FREE lift tickets and lessons at Eaglecrest. Call ORCA at 586-0104, or e-mail email@example.com for more information.
• Sports For Youth Foundation is currently accepting player applications from Canadian and American boys and girls, age 15-20, who are accomplished High School or Club volleyball players. Applicants should also be good citizens in their school and community. The 2011 Goodwill Ambassadors Volleyball Exchange promotes, international friendships and peace through sport. 2011 marks the 31st year that the Goodwill Ambassadors have conducted sports tours promoting world peace and understanding. This year we are offering 2 tours. One tour will travel to London and Paris, the other will travel to Italy, visiting Venice, Florence and Rome. Applications are available from our website at http://www.volleyballtours.com.
•18th Annual Holiday Cup 2010, Indoor Soccer Tournament, 8 a.m.-8 p.m., Dimond Park Field House. Holiday Cup Indoor Soccer Tournament will be held Dec 18-31. Six coed divisions: Elem gr 4-5 (min age 9); Middle Sch; Jr--grade 9 thru age 16; Sr - ages 17-20; Masters - ages 21 thru 35; Classics — players 35+. Visit www.juneauholidaycup.com for more information.
• Preschool Open Gym, 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m., Mt. Jumbo Gym. Open to all children ages 1-6 from 10:30 a.m.-noon, every Monday through Friday, except holidays. Children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult, at a maximum ratio of 4 children to 1 adult. Play equipment and tumbling mats are available. Sessions are open to all parents with children and childcare providers. Bring clean, dry shoes and a snack. Please do not bring sick children to the gym.$2/child (adult/s free with paying child). Details: 586-5226.
•HoopRats Basketball Program, every Friday from 6-8 p.m., UAS gym. A new basketball training program that emphasizes fundamental skills and team building. We welcome all ages, genders and skill levels. Our program is free to the public. Call Head Coach Guy Tompkins at 321-3618, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Also check out our website at www.hoopratsbasketball.com or blog www.hooprats.blogspot.com for all announcements.
• Sports in Juneau is a service provided by the Juneau Empire to provide information on upcoming sports and outdoors events in Juneau. All press releases must include a contact name and a phone number that can be released to the public.
© 2018. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us