Kenai firefighter saves a family's Christmas

Posted: Friday, December 25, 2009

KENAI - Kenai firefighter Tommy Carver was off on Monday, but he ended up going to work anyway.

Carver was resting when he heard a fire called in on the radio. Carver always has his radio or pager on at home. The address of the fire got his attention. It was the house right across the street.

Homeowner Rita Magee had lit her stove to do some baking when she got distracted and went to take a shower. While she was showering, the unattended stove lit the woman's kitchen ablaze.

Fortunately, Magee had three fire extinguishers in her home. Carver says he was able to put the fire out in under a minute.

While the stove was damaged, and Magee won't be using it to cook Christmas dinner, Carver's quick response helped save the holiday tree.



Related Searches

 TOMMY CARVER   KENAI   CHRISTMAS   DISASTER_ACCIDENT   RITA MAGEE 

CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-586-3740
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-3028
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2230
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING