The "Indian Village" area of Juneau in January 1941. This view shows Indian Village homes on pilings before the tidelands were filled with tailings from the AJ Mine. The old Douglas bridge is seen at the top of the photo. Some of the structures still standing today are the Fosby Apartments, top right, The AEL&P powerhouse to the left of the Fosby Apartments, the Malaspina Apartments to the left of center, and the former Cropley residence below and to the right of the Malaspina Apartments.
Juneau Empire ©2015. All Rights Reserved.