Fire destroys Washington Boys and Girls Club building

Posted: Monday, December 27, 2010

SULTAN, Wash. - No one was injured in the fire that destroyed the Boys and Girls Club in Sultan.

The fire broke out about 1:30 a.m. Friday in the two-story wooden building.

Police Chief Jeff Brand says flames spread in gusty winds.

Brand says there was an event at the building Thursday night but no one was inside when the fire broke out.

Flames spread through the building and the roof collapsed. The landmark building was more than 70 years old and once served as the Sultan City Hall.

The fire also destroy an adjacent day care but a food bank was saved.



CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-586-3740
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-3028
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2230
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING