In Alaska, in the Nation and the World
In 1894, the Juneau Ferry & Navigation Co. began carrying passengers between Juneau and Douglas Island. The operation continued until the completion of the Douglas Bridge in 1935.
In 1917, all saloons in the territory of Alaska closed their doors at midnight under a new Alaska law.
In 1975, U.S. District Judge James Von der Heydt banned large-scale timber cutting throughout Alaska.
Juneau Empire ©2015. All Rights Reserved.